[Ads-l] _to lose one's hair_ Beatles Don't Pass me by

Andy Bach afbach at GMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 24 18:34:02 UTC 2018

"My stock broker told me not to trade commodities, that I would lose
my shirt," he said. "So I kept buying the stocks he recommended, and,
instead, I lost my shirt with him."

Isn't that about losing money, as in, "losing everything including my
shirt"? Wonder if that's part of the Marx Brother's Coconuts opera parody
"Tale of the Shirt" (lyrics by Irving Berlin):
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090618172729AAXmQB3

I've seen "lose your shit" though it's that's more than just become
annoyed. The "keep your hair (and shirt) on" I knew, just never heard lose
your hair."

Thanks all. It's still a bit of a clunky line in the song, but it was
Ringo's first ever, so, not that surprising, I guess.

Andy Bach,
afbach at gmail.com
608 658-1890 cell
608 261-5738 wk