[Ads-l] take the mike/michey out; website item by Pascal Tr éguer

Mon Sep 3 15:58:26 UTC 2018

Gerald Cohen
> Very importantly, that item of his contains a July 20, 1901 antedating
> of "take the mike out of."

Thanks for your message, Gerald. Nice to see other efforts on this topic.

On July 12, 2018 I posted the July 20, 1901 citation to the mailing
list. I had not seen Pascal Tréguer's article, but he has precedence
because his article appeared in 2017.

I also shared an April 6, 1895 citation for "He tried to take a mike
out of me". This still seems to be the earliest close match.

Here is a link into the mailing list archives
http://listserv.linguistlist.org/pipermail/ads-l/2018-July/152115.html

Garson