[Ads-l] Children's speech errors; 3 examples

James A. Landau JJJRLandau at NETSCAPE.COM
Tue Sep 11 11:39:39 UTC 2018

On Sat Sep 8 11:11:44 EDT 2018 Cohen, Gerald Leonard gcohen at MST.EDU wrote:

<quote> For some time I've been collecting examples of children's
misinterpretations of words or phrases whose meaning are
beyond  their comprehension. One example from the Pledge
of Allegiance:  "for livercheese and jello for all" (with liberty
and justice for all).
<snip>
   If anyone has any additional examples of such misinterpretations in
children's speech, I'd of course welcome receiving them.<end quote>

Kids Say the Darndest Things by Art Linkletter

- Jim Landau