[Ads-l] Children's speech errors; 3 examples

Andy Bach afbach at GMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 11 16:17:38 UTC 2018

> There is an article entitled "The World According to Student Bloopers"
which has been around for years.  It is available at
     https://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~norman/Jokes-file/StudentBloopers.htm

which says:
I have pasted together the following "history" of the world from
certifiably genuine student bloopers collected by teachers throughout the
United States, from eight grade through college level.

and includes:
A myth is a female moth.

I would've sworn Groucho used that line (and would've hazarded "Monkey
Business") but the QI says:

In September 1925 the column “Ed Wynn’s Question Box: He Knows All – He
Sees All” printed several interrogatives with a comic edge. Here are three
of them [EWGT]:

Do you know that a female “moth” is called a “myth

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2011/11/10/grants-tomb/

So, maybe Ed was his student, or the student was putting them on or

Andy Bach,
afbach at gmail.com
608 658-1890 cell
608 261-5738 wk