[Ads-l] Possible QOTY (UNCLASSIFIED)

MULLINS, WILLIAM D (Bill) CIV USARMY RDECOM AMRDEC (US) william.d.mullins18.civ at MAIL.MIL
Fri Sep 14 14:32:06 UTC 2018

CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

Comedian Norm MacDonald is in the running.

[interview prior to Aug. 28, published on Sep. 11, regarding #MeToo]

" I'm happy the #MeToo movement has slowed down a little bit. . . . There are very few people that have gone through what they {Rosanne Barr and Louis C.K. have, losing everything in a day. Of course, people will go, "What about the victims?" But you know what? The victims didn't have to go through that."

Which was seen as minimizing what sexual assault victims have gone through  And then on Wednesday 9/12, in an attempt to walk the remarks back on the Howard Stern Show:

"I never defended them [Roseanne Barr and Louis C. K.].  I am completely behind the #MeToo movement.

You'd have to have Down syndrome to not feel sorry for — #MeToo is what you want for your daughters, and you want that to be the future world, of course. And I meet all kinds of women with terrible stories of what's happened to them. So, I wasn't talking about the victims. They asked me about Roseanne."

The "Down syndrome" reference was not well received.