[Ads-l] "cut (a song) on (someone)"

Sat Sep 15 22:07:30 UTC 2018

Here is some evidence that the statement "I'm cutting an album on them
too" appeared in "Melody Maker" in 1971.

Book: The History of Rock 1971
(Reprint of article from "Melody Maker" November 27, 1971)
Publisher: Time Inc.
Database: Internet Archive

https://archive.org/stream/TheHistoryOfRock1971#page/n103/search/cutting

[Begin excerpt]
Curtis is set to make his first proper tour of Europe in the New Year,
and will be in Britain in January. "I'll be bringing Henry, Craig,
Tyrone and Lucky with me...

Oh, by the way, I'm cutting an album on them too. Lucky sings, but
basically it will be them doing chants behind their heavy percussion
thing.”
[End excerpt]

Garson