[Ads-l] Kavanaugh yearbook

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 27 22:27:47 UTC 2018

HDAS would have had citations of "skee" (sic) for whiskey from early last
century, but TS.

However, "ski" for a glass, can, or bottle of beer is perfectly predictable
and would be era-, age-, and milieu- appropriate (No HDAS, exx., though.)

Sen. Booker has just asked whether "skis" did not mean "brewskis."

Judge Kavanaugh, oddly, would not give a straightforward yes or no, and
Booker moved on.

JL