[Ads-l] pig or pork 'alive or dead'

Mark Mandel mark.a.mandel at GMAIL.COM
Sun Sep 30 01:05:25 UTC 2018

Speaking of Gunsmoke, I have long wondered whether Miss Kitty's name was a
covert allusion to another function of her establishment (from season 3 on,
the Long Branch Saloon), by way of another affectionate term for a cat.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunsmoke#Miss_Kitty:

Kitty's profession was hinted at, but never explicit; in a 1953 interview
with Time, Macdonnell declared, "Kitty is just someone Matt has to visit
every once in a while."[8] An out-take from the program makes this
hilariously obvious.[9]

where I have just added detail to note 9:

https://archive.org/details/GunsmokeRehearsals
First outtake, 0:00:00–0:1:26.

Mark Mandel