[Ads-l] Request Curate's Egg joke in "Judy, or the London Serio-Comic Journal" circa 1895

Thu Apr 4 20:06:45 UTC 2019

The QI article is now available. Feedback welcome.

The Curate’s Egg: Parts of It Are Excellent
https://quoteinvestigator.com/2019/04/04/egg/

[Begin acknowledgement]
Thanks to discussants Laurence Horn, Bill Mullins, John Baker and Mark
Mandel who introduced QI to this topic and provided helpful citations
and insights. Many thanks to Stephen Goranson for accessing the May
22, 1895 cartoon in “Judy” and identifying the November 20, 1895
citation. Thanks also to Jeffrey Graf for checking a citation.
[End acknowledgement]

Garson O'Toole