[Ads-l] YouTubery: "I guess you never heard of a _wheelbarrel_."

Sun Apr 21 19:37:50 UTC 2019

Mark Mandel wrote:
>  I suspect that was intended to reflect different usages by the
> conversants. Note the eye dialect "yer" of the "wheelbarrel" speaker, while
> speaker "wheelbarrow" is recorded in standard spelling. That's not much
> evidence in such brief utterances, but it's something. The source cited
> must have more.

Below is a link to a clipping together with a longer excerpt. The task
was to travel to a village and bring back liquid refreshments for a
group of people. The tool was a wheelbarrel or wheelbarrow.

I would guess that a barrel with wheels would work for this task. So
the ambiguity of "wheelbarrel" remains unresolved (to me). In the
article, a wheelbarrow was successfully employed.