[Ads-l] "dancing fool" 'a fool for dancing'

victor steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 29 16:01:37 UTC 2019

I'm a couple of days late on this but I do have a more recent "V-ing fool"
use. One of the "alternative" shaving equipment companies had a radio ad
over the past 3 years that included the phrase "Men are exfoliating fools".
The first time I heard it, it made me wonder if this was the "dancing fool"
sense or the regular one. The spot has tapered off this year so I'm not
likely to find the specific citation. But I also want to put in a word for
analyzing the language of radio advertising. Sometimes it makes you think
well beyond the marketer's intent.

VS-)