[Ads-l] super-relaxed pronunciations of "pretty"

Mark Mandel markamandel at GMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 7 13:51:50 UTC 2019

Geoffrey's explanation here is accurate and appropriately thorough. To
elaborate slightly on his PPS: In his examples there, as well as in the
main discussion, the affected sound  also precedes an unaccented syllable.
And though my expertise is no match for his, I believe that this condition
applies in all those "other environments" as well.