[Ads-l] Slang Jang

victor steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Aug 8 13:58:41 UTC 2019

This is an interesting little nugget. Although nominally a recipe into,
it's a long yarn involving an eggcorn, both mythical and printed history,
and a bit of evolution (of the recipe, not the term). One thing it's
actually lacking is a precise recipe, although one is seen in a photo and
another is linked. There's a reason for that. Slang Jang is more of a
concept than a recipe, more "sloppy joe" than "tuna casserole". The
difference seems to be that this is authentic folk cooking, not a box top
or can label recipe promoted by a manufacturer in 1930s-70s.

VS-)

The Takeout: Slang Jang was a family recipe I thought I hallucinated.
https://thetakeout.com/slang-jang-was-a-family-recipe-i-thought-i-hallucinated-1836971069