[Ads-l] mild language (UNCLASSIFIED)

Andy Bach afbach at GMAIL.COM
Thu Dec 19 22:34:51 UTC 2019

And, to point out, the n-word is being used in dialog between gamblers from
the 1800s or sometime:
Brooks's Club house rules. No IOUs.
Amongst gentlemen, perhaps,but Wilberforce is a tradesman.
You gamble with what you have with you.Wilberforce, will you take my IOU?-
We split the pot and call it evens.-
To hell with that. Payment in kind.There's nothing you have I'd want, Your
Grace.
Tarleton, fetch my nigger.My coach driver.Go and wake him up and bring him
in now.I bought a nigger in Port of Spain.He eats better than I do, so he's
strong as an ox.He'd fetch at least 25 guineas at the West India Dock.

So, like Huck Finn etc, it gets a pass as "historically correct" or
something?

Andy Bach,
afbach at gmail.com
608 658-1890 cell