[Ads-l] Coinage of "Blockchain"

Sat Feb 2 05:43:16 UTC 2019

Here is cite for "block chain" in February 2011. This technical
message is about using the "block chain" idea from bitcoin to
re-implement and improve a payment protocol called Ripple.

Google Group: Ripple Project
Timestamp: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 04:30:42 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Bitcoin-like implementation of Ripple
From: Timón <timon.... at gmail.com>
To: Ripple Project <rippl... at googlegroups.com>

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!original/rippleusers/6sBQXKTluDk/woTvkzVw2VUJ

[Begin excerpt]
Two solutions come to mind.
1) The whole "credit graph" is stored in the block chain. There are
pseudo-transactions or credit transactions in the form "A signs B can
owe him up to 100 units".
The block chain would be bigger and it would contain a lot of data
that doesn't represent any real transaction. Another disadvantage is
that all the credits would be completely public.
[End excerpt]

Garson