[Ads-l] Earliest Use of "Cook the Books"

Andy Bach afbach at GMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 4 19:20:41 UTC 2019

> it is clearly discussing the different meanings of the English word, "to
cook," and not discussing a separate German
> idiom or even a German-language equivalent of the idiom.

Right, that was my question, sorry. Was "die Buecher falsch fuehren" a
German idiom akin "to cook the books" or do they use some other phrase for
accounting hanky-panky?

Andy Bach,
afbach at gmail.com
608 658-1890 cell