[Ads-l] cosplay; meet-cute; my tiny violin (UNCLASSIFIED)

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 11 23:23:58 UTC 2019

OED has it from 1941.

to meet cute: (in filmmakers' jargon, of two characters) to have an
accidental meeting which leads to or is followed by romantic involvement.
1941   A. Boucher Case of Solid Key iii. 49   Last night was nice, but this
is today. We met cute, as they say in story conferences; but people don't
live cute.

On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 6:18 PM MULLINS, WILLIAM D (Bill) CIV USARMY
FUTURES COMMAND (USA) <0000099bab68be9a-dmarc-request at listserv.uga.edu>