[Ads-l] cosplay; meet-cute; my tiny violin (UNCLASSIFIED)

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Wed Feb 13 01:44:38 UTC 2019

Here's a 1952 example of the noun "meet-cute" that I shared on the list
back in '05.

https://www.nytimes.com/1952/10/12/archives/ghostwriter-in-love-the-other-elizabeth-by-jess-gregg-278-pp-new.html
New York Times, Oct 12, 1952, (Book Review) p. 24/1
This may well be, in magazine parlance, the neatest meet-cute of the week
-- the story of a ghost-writer who falls in love with a ghost.

http://listserv.linguistlist.org/pipermail/ads-l/2005-December/056054.html