[Ads-l] Quote: Never be the brightest person in the room; then you can=?utf-8?Q?=E2=80=99t_?=learn anything. (UNCLASSIFIED)

MULLINS, WILLIAM D (Bill) CIV USARMY FUTURES COMMAND (USA) 0000099bab68be9a-dmarc-request at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Fri Feb 22 15:29:12 UTC 2019

CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

I’m reminded of a George Wallace story.

He was on a local Oregon political talk show (probably hosted by some of them "pointy-headed liberals.")

One of the locals started telling Wallace how they should do things in Alabama.  Wallace asked him if he had ever been in Alabama, and the man said "No."  Wallace said he'd been in Oregon three times, and wouldn't presume how to solve Oregon's problems knowing so little about the state.  He said if he came back a fourth time, maybe he'd know enough.  They argued some more, and the local said, "Mr. Wallace, you think you are the smartest man in America."  Wallace said, "No, I don't.  I'm not the smartest man in Oregon.  I'm not even the smartest man in Portland.  But I'll tell you what, I know I'm the smartest man on this TV show."