[Ads-l] _sandwich =?iso-8859-1?Q?=E0_?=la Colette_ a method of sexual intercourse

Arnold M. Zwicky zwicky at STANFORD.EDU
Wed Feb 27 01:04:17 UTC 2019

> On Feb 26, 2019, at 4:37 PM, ADSGarson O'Toole <adsgarsonotoole at GMAIL.COM> wrote:
>
> Partridge presents a definition for "sandwich" encompassing a wide
> variety of possible acts and configurations.

yes.  as i tried to make clear in my brief earlier notes, there's a huge range of acts for which people have adopted the sandwich metaphor (and many of these have alternative names based on different metaphors); i have in fact posted about some of them on my blogs.  all i was saying in the earlier notes is that there are people who use the term for a specific act -- the sort of stuation that would lead a lexicographer to write something like:

"sandwich": 1 a sexual act in which one person is attended to sexually by two others
                    2 (specifically) a sexual act in which someone serves as the receptive partner in sex with two men
                    3 (more specifically) a sexual act in which a woman is the receptive partner in vaginal sex with one man and anal sex with another