[Ads-l] Adage: Tell Me and I Forget; Teach Me and I May Remember; Involve Me and I Learn

Wed Feb 27 18:11:28 UTC 2019

Here is an earlier solid match:

[ref] 1954 October 17, The Sunday Press (Binghamton Press), Learning
by Doing Emphasized In Binghamton Primary Grades by Kennett C. Johnson
(Sunday Press Writer), Quote Page 3C, Column 1, Binghamton, New York.
(Newspapers_com) [/ref]

[Begin excerpt]
Instruction of youngsters in the first, second and third grades in the
Binghamton School District is conducted on a plane by which children
learn best.

Which is:
What I hear I may forget.
What I see I may remember,