[Ads-l] dime-store novel

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jan 14 17:34:27 UTC 2019

My own reaction to it was/is that it alluded to the swiveling racks of
paperback mysteries and sci-fi once found in dime stores (Woolworth's and
Lamston's were my favorites).

They were found elsewhere, of course.  But if you're going to rationalize
the "dime" in "dime novel," "dime-store" seems like a good way to do it.

JL