[Ads-l] copyright strike

Wed Jan 16 11:57:03 UTC 2019

Benjamin Barrett has discussed "copyright strike" as a noun and a
verb. Now, "copyright strike" has been been shortened to yield
"copystrike". It is still employed as a noun and a verb.

The YouTube system for handling copyright claims and counter-claims is
complex. Here is a link to a Google support page titled "Copyright
strike basics":
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2814000?hl=en

The Twitch streamer Alinity used the word "copystrike" in 2018. It was
probably already in use, but her use of the word became well known
because of the resultant conflict between Alinity and YouTuber
PewDiePie. Here is a YouTube video from PewDiePie with a title
containing "copystrike".

Website: YouTube
Title: "Can we copystrike pewdiepie?" // Twitch Drama #1
Author: PewDiePie
Date: May 19, 2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V7lU6bFyro

[Begin excerpt]
My video got copystriked by twitch streamer alinity and collabdrm and
heres what I have to say about it
[End excerpt]

Here is a recent YouTube video from popular gamer Pokimane that
contains "copystrike" in the title.

Website: YouTube
Title: My Response To The Copystrike Allegations / PewDiePie / Dark
Side Of Pokimane
Autor: Pokimane
Date: Jan 12, 2019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5AU0JJ2wlA

[Begin excerpt]
Hey guys! I hope this video helps clear things up about the copystrike
drama, as well as the other recent videos made about me. I think it's
important to own up to my mistakes, but also defend myself when need
be.
[End excerpt]

Garson