[Ads-l] "More than one way to skin a cat" (and related), antedated to 1823

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Thu Jul 11 00:51:21 UTC 2019

Then there’s the version that offers a default method of ailuricide:

“There are more ways to kill a cat than by drowning it in butter.”

I’m not sure catfish makes as much sense here, since you’d want to coat your catfish in cornmeal and drown it in hot vegetable oil rather than butter.

LH