[Ads-l] Berkeley and gender neutral words

Alice Faber afaber at PANIX.COM
Mon Jul 22 01:20:26 UTC 2019

OK, the actual biased perception of gendered words like "fireman" *may*
not be demeaning (and I agree that it's likely that the studies that
Larry and I discuss don't directly address this issue). However, what is
most definitely demeaning is the assertions in this thread that these
usages don't both reflect and encourage bias.