[Ads-l] Modern Proverb: A good loser is no good (Robert Zuppke Nov 6, 1924)

Thu Jun 27 21:18:16 UTC 2019

Back in February 2015 I sent a message to this mailing list about the
quotation in the subject line. Now the Quote Investigator® website has
an entry on the topic:

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2019/06/27/good-loser/

[Begin acknowledgement]
Thanks to researchers Charles Clay Doyle, Wolfgang Mieder, and Fred R.
Shapiro who wrote about this family of sayings in “The Dictionary of
Modern Proverbs” from Yale University Press. Thanks also to researcher
Barry Popik who explored this topic on his website. Additional thanks
to discussants Jonathan Lighter and Dan Goncharoff.
[End acknowledgement]

Garson