[Ads-l] double/triple-dog dare

Barretts Mail mail.barretts at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jun 30 23:01:27 UTC 2019

To my memory, triple-dog daring is before that and I didn’t see that film until the 90s or aughts but I have no actual memory of the expression being used.

Here’s an earlier citation than the movie:

Sketches in his own key
1 Oct 1981 (date verified at https://www.amazon.com/Sketches-his-own-key-John/dp/0883190583 <https://www.amazon.com/Sketches-his-own-key-John/dp/0883190583>)
Bob St. John

https://tinyurl.com/y26rte29 <https://tinyurl.com/y26rte29>
So one time near midnight we sat on the curb under the streetlight across from Kafuman Terrace and dared, double-dog dared, and even triple-dog dared each other to run up and knock on the door.

https://tinyurl.com/y683rlox <https://tinyurl.com/y683rlox>
It wasn’t the dares, even the triple-dog dares, that finally made me agree to do it but rather …

BB

>>> https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/double-dog%20dare <

>>> https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/triple_dog_dare <
>>> https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/triple_dog_dare>) for the verb
>> =E2=80=9Ctr=
>> iple dog
>>> dare=E2=80=9D without citations.
>>>
>>> As a nine-year-old just informed me, a triple-dog dare is a dare that
>>> cannot be refused, a requirement confirmed by the UD:
>>>
>>> https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=3DTriple%20Dog%20Dare <
>>> https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=3DTriple%20Dog%20Dare>
>>> 1. DemonVampire180

>>> https://tinyurl.com/yxttjdzd <https://tinyurl.com/yxttjdzd>