[Ads-l] The City

Margaret Winters mewinters at WAYNE.EDU
Fri Mar 8 02:54:36 UTC 2019

Yes, the west end.  At least by the time I came along (subway in the 50s with my parents and the 60s alone), the direction “The City” meant Manhattan to everyone I knew.

Sent from my iPad

MARGARET E WINTERS
Former Provost and Professor Emerita French and Linguistics
Wayne State University
Detroit, MI  48202

mewinters at wayne.edu<mailto:mewinters at wayne.edu>