[Ads-l] camming, to cam, cam model

Barretts Mail mail.barretts at GMAIL.COM
Fri Mar 8 20:35:53 UTC 2019

to cam: to act as a webcam performer, particularly one who strips and/or performs other erotic acts.

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/wjmbwn/cam-models-tell-us-how-much-money-they-are-really-making
"Cam Models Tell Us How Much Money They Are Really Making”
Graham Isador

——
While I ultimately decided against it there have been a handful of friends/peers who have gotten into camming and other sex work over the years.

…

Recently while contemplating a hard pivot from freelance journalism I asked some cam models about the costs/benefits.

…

The site has no up-front fee, but all cam sites do take a percentage of the models earnings.

…

I was originally caming on CAM4, but I have recently switched over to cam more on Chaturbate.

——

The English OLD has “cam” only as an abbreviation for “camera", and Wikipedia has “camming" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camming), along with camodel, camgirl and camboy.

Urban Dictionary (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Cam) mainly says that “Cam” is a good-looking man, perhaps joke entries by people named Cam.

Benjamin Barrett