[Ads-l] Request verification in Rolling Stone magazine - Quote: Somebody needs to do something - it=?UTF-8?Q?=E2=80=99s_?=just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us. Jerry Garcia of the Grateful Dead

Sat Mar 23 03:02:21 UTC 2019

A quick and helpful response was sent to me by Jesse regarding the
partial "Newsweek" information. There was a "Newsweek" match in a
ProQuest periodical database, but the "Newsweek" citation occurred
after the "Kansas City Times" citation, and it contained less
information. So determining the "Rolling Stone" information remains
important.

[ref] 1988 December 12, Newsweek, Overheard, Quote Page 17, Column 1,
Newsweek Inc., New York. (ProQuest News, Policy & Politics Magazine
Archive) [/ref]

[Begin excerpt]
"Somebody needs to do something—it's just incredibly pathetic that it
has to be us."

JERRY GARCIA of the Grateful Dead, on his group's support for efforts
to save the world's rain forests
[End excerpt]

Garson O'Toole