[Ads-l] "skill"= online access to a corporate service

Mark Mandel mark.a.mandel at GMAIL.COM
Wed May 15 00:39:40 UTC 2019

Thank you, Ben and Garson. As additional capabilities to add to the
personified appliances/programs Alexa or Siri, these fit the existing sense
of "skill" quite cleanly.

I don't have either of them, nor do I plan to: if they can hear you call
their name at any time, they must be listening all the time. And the way
government and mega-corps like Amazon are extending their reach, I'd rather
not chance letting them into my life (in yet another way than they already
do) if I don't need to.

Mark