[Ads-l] boss (top enemy in a level/game in gaming)

Barretts Mail mail.barretts at GMAIL.COM
Fri May 17 06:47:34 UTC 2019

How I wasted two years of my life trying to learn web development before discovering Free Code Camp
Sophanarith Sok
https://medium.freecodecamp.org/how-i-wasted-2-years-of-my-life-trying-to-learn-web-development-prior-to-discovering-freecodecamp-916cbdcf8a1 <https://medium.freecodecamp.org/how-i-wasted-2-years-of-my-life-trying-to-learn-web-development-prior-to-discovering-freecodecamp-916cbdcf8a1>

——
I _wanted_ to complete each algorithm, because to me, each algorithm was a boss that I had to defeat, and every boss I defeated would earn me experience points that would level me up to a more skillful coder.
——

Wiktionary (https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/boss <https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/boss>): An enemy, often at the end of a level, that is particularly challenging and must be beaten in order to progress.

Urban Dictionary (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Boss&page=2 <https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Boss&page=2>) by Brian Johnson in 2004: In a video game the a big enemy at the end of the level. Defeated in the boss fight.

The OED and Merriam-Webster do not cover this meaning.

https://me.me/i/when-you-killed-the-boss-but-died-in-the-process-6737149acd6544d3b1185928158a6ddb <https://me.me/i/when-you-killed-the-boss-but-died-in-the-process-6737149acd6544d3b1185928158a6ddb>

——
When you killed the boss but died in the process
——

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/608635-dark-souls/61930409 <https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/608635-dark-souls/61930409>
I can still be summoned after I've killed the boss of the area right?

https://www.bungie.net/en-US/Forums/Post/251427877?sort=0&page=0 <https://www.bungie.net/en-US/Forums/Post/251427877?sort=0&page=0>
Just killed the boss of the chasm of screams and it didnt count for my thorn quest

Benjamin Barrett
Formerly of Seattle, WA