[Ads-l] "kludgy, adj." - Word of the Day from the OED

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Sat May 18 12:40:33 UTC 2019

I can't see "kluge maker" without hearing "kluge macher". Has anyone looked
into a Yiddish derivation, given the increase of the presence of German
Jews in the military occupation of Germany. (Eg, who translated for
captured German scientists?)