[Ads-l] Word/Phrase: cancel, cancel culture, cancellation culture

Mark Mandel mark.a.mandel at GMAIL.COM
Mon May 20 17:22:51 UTC 2019

To which I just replied:
-----

    How’s that again? You wrote

    Yes another database, the Corpus of Global Web-Based English, crunches
a couple of billion words of text from 2012 and shows “cancelled” appearing
7.17 times per million words of text, compared to 6.13 for “cancelled.”
    <<<<<
    Mentally correcting "Yes" to "Yet" as an obvious typo is trivial, but
which "cancel(l)ed" is which?

-----
Mark Mandel