[Ads-l] "isolate" = "focus" (one's attention)

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Sun Nov 10 00:08:00 UTC 2019

I see it as a derivativion from isolation, used in basketball and football
to refer to a situation that requires a defender to cover an offensive
player one-on-one, ie, without assistance.