[Ads-l] Pseudo-prescriptivism in TV dialogue

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Nov 12 20:28:01 UTC 2019

> But probably for less consequential grievances...

Clearly, you're not a fan of Adult Swim. Mr. Pickles is the cartoon-canine
version of the Wu-Tang Clan. Like the Wu-Tangs, Mr. Pickles "ain't nothin'
to fuck wit'." He had already killed several other characters and only the
fact that Grandpa is also one of the leading characters of the cartoon
prevented Mr. P. from wasting him, too. In fact, the point of the episode
was Grandpa's various attempts to keep the dog from shotgunning him to
death.

*--------=

On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 2:36 PM Laurence Horn <laurence.horn at yale.edu>
wrote:

> > On Nov 12, 2019, at 2:17 AM, Wilson Gray <hwgray at GMAIL.COM> wrote:
> >
> >> I hope A was armed.
> >
> > As a matter of fact, he _was_, with a 12-gauge shotgun that he didn't
> > hesitate to use.
>
> But probably for less consequential grievances...

> English,
> >>>

> >> I hope A was armed.

> > --
> > -Wilson
> > -----
> > All say, "How hard it is that we have to die!"---a strange complaint to
> > come from the mouths of people who have had to live.
> > -Mark Twain

-Wilson
-----
-Mark Twain