[Ads-l] Verb: _hate-like_

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 13 04:48:33 UTC 2019

It occurs in a Hotels.com TV ad that advises you not to hate-like someone
else's vacation, and in the UrbDic:

TOP DEFINITION
Hate-Like
Hate-Like (/HĀT-LĪK/) - Verb
The act of “liking” someone’s photo on social media even though it fills
you with intense jealousy.
(While looking at a friend’s vacation post) “Ugh, I’m about to hate-like
this pic of Ronny on vacation in Thailand so hard.”
(While posting a vacation pic) “I’m going to get so many hate-likes on this
jungle swing pic.”
#slang#socialmedia#trending#influencer#fomo#envy#travelenvy#jealousy
by RonnyMcCracken April 15, 2019

2
Hate-like
When you like something on a social network site (such as Facebook) in a
sarcastic way. Generally something you don't like at all and the other
person has no idea.
CP: "Hanging out with my best friend Heather at the mall"

Ugh, Heather is such a bitch. Definitely going to hate-like that status.
#facebook#like#social#mall#hate
by bostonbarb September 21, 2011

--
-Wilson