[Ads-l] OK Boomer

Fri Nov 15 22:31:58 UTC 2019

More responses:
"That's all you got to say oK zOoMeR".
"OK zoomer, is that really the best you’ve got?"

Website: Urbandictionary
Title: Ok Zoomer
Date: November 01, 2019
Posted by Anonymoucats
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Ok%20Zoomer

[Begin excerpt]
Ok Zoomer
Ok Zoomer - Similar to Ok Boomer but used as an insult from boomers
who are offended.
Daryl: The problem of this generation is that they are too sensitive
and are addicted to their phones.
Mike: Ok Boomer
Daryl: That's all you got to say oK zOoMeR
#joke
[End excerpt]

Website: The Spectator (UK)
Article: OK zoomer, is that really the best you’ve got?: It’s not us
baby boomers who are the problem
Author: Cosmo Landesman
Date: November 16 2019 (Future dated)
https://www.spectator.co.uk/2019/11/ok-zoomer-is-that-really-the-best-youve-got/

[Begin excerpt]
But I never thought I would be subjected to the derision and verbal
lashings of Generation Z. The ‘zoomers’ — that is, people born after
about 1995 — have come up with a cutting and dismissive retort for
older people: ‘OK boomer.’
[End excerpt]

Website: Know Your Meme
Title: Zoomer
https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/zoomer

[Begin excerpt]
Zoomer is a character spread on 4chan mocking Gen Z adolescents and
young adults, similar to how 30-Year-Old Boomer is used to mock older
millennials.
[End excerpt]

Google Trends shows growing interest in "zoomer" in November 2019
https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=zoomer&geo=US

But a longer term graph from 2011 shows a curious series of spikes for "zoomer"
https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=2011-10-15%202019-11-15&geo=US&q=zoomer

There is a product called Zoomer Interactive Puppy from a company
called Zoomer. The interest in "zoomer puppy" displays a series of
spikes, but the "zoomer" spikes are much larger.

Garson