[Ads-l] trichster (1996)

Barretts Mail mail.barretts at GMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 3 09:51:51 UTC 2019

Not in the OED, Merriam-Webster or Wiktionary.

1. Obsessive-compulsive Disorder: Decade of the Brain
https://tinyurl.com/y5r74ngj <https://tinyurl.com/y5r74ngj>
Revision: Sept 1996
National Institute of Mental Health

####
email: trichster at aol.com
####

2. In a nutshell.............
http://www.home.intekom.com/jly2/ttmnutshell.htm <http://www.home.intekom.com/jly2/ttmnutshell.htm>
1 Feb 2001 (date according to Google’s search results; the HTML code says that it was generated by FrontPage 4.0, which evidently appeared around 1998 according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_FrontPage#Versions <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_FrontPage#Versions>)

####
Most trichsters will go to extreme lengths to hide their hairpulling, with the result that they may literally suffer for decades, without ever reaching out for help.
####
####

3. The Hair-Pulling Problem
https://epdf.pub/the-hair-pulling-problem-a-complete-guide-to-trichotillomania270c8fbca5f6bab4b9b98e27bd57564021759.html <https://epdf.pub/the-hair-pulling-problem-a-complete-guide-to-trichotillomania270c8fbca5f6bab4b9b98e27bd57564021759.html>
2003
Fred Penzel

####
Mom kept on telling me “Just stop!” Those are the words we tricksters hate to hear the most.
####
####

4. The terrible toll of trichotillomania
https://thebeautybrains.com/2007/03/the-terrible-toll-of-trichotillomania/ <https://thebeautybrains.com/2007/03/the-terrible-toll-of-trichotillomania/>
Mar 2007 (according to the URL)
The Beauty Brains

####
Some researchers suggest that a reaction to Malassezia, a common skin yeast, could cause the itch-like urge that many trichsters report.
####
####

5. Urban Dictionary
https://www.urbandictionary.com/author.php?author=Trichster <https://www.urbandictionary.com/author.php?author=Trichster>

####
However, Trichsters can pull from anywhere with hair.
####
####

6. Reddit page for trichsters
https://www.reddit.com/r/Trichsters/ <https://www.reddit.com/r/Trichsters/>
7.3K members

7. Trailer for the movie “Trichster”
http://trichster.com/ <http://trichster.com/> OR https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_Dv7hydnsw <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_Dv7hydnsw>
28 Apr 2014 upload
Movie release on 18 Apr 2016 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trichotillomania <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trichotillomania>)

8. Documentary Film Project to Portray Living with Trichotillomania
https://www.independentnews.com/community/article_63a67b1a-d7a0-11e1-b510-0019bb2963f4.html <https://www.independentnews.com/community/article_63a67b1a-d7a0-11e1-b510-0019bb2963f4.html>
Jul 27, 2012
Patricia Koning

####
Next spring she plans to attend the Trichotillomania Conference in New York, where hundreds of trichsters and professionals come together each year to discuss the latest research and treatments. Jillian hopes to finish shooting by early 2014.
####
####

9. Where Hair Pullers Like Me Are Not Alone
https://narratively.com/where-hair-pullers-like-me-are-not-alone/ <https://getpocket.com/explore/item/where-hair-pullers-like-me-are-not-alone>
Katie Koppel

This article was pushed on the Pocket platform (https://getpocket.com/explore/item/where-hair-pullers-like-me-are-not-alone <https://getpocket.com/explore/item/where-hair-pullers-like-me-are-not-alone>) yesterday.

####
After years of suffering in silence, a support system of “trichsters” helped me hold my head high.
####
####

Benjamin Barrett (he/his/him)
Formerly of Seattle, WA