[Ads-l] Antedating of "Strip Poker"

Wed Oct 9 19:51:19 UTC 2019

Right, LH. The New Testament does refer to soldiers gambling for the
clothes of another person (Jesus), and Dylan's lyrics contemplating a
failed marriage apparently allude to this.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+27%3A35&version=KJV

[Begin excerpt]
Matthew 27:35 King James Version (KJV)
And they crucified him, and parted his garments, casting lots: that it
might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my
garments among them, and upon my vesture did they cast lots.
[End excerpt]