[Ads-l] OED updates

Bill Mullins amcombill at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Oct 12 23:01:49 UTC 2019

      The new list includes "no harm no foul" (from 1954), but does not include "no blood, no foul" (which was nearly as common in the circles I ran in).
      4 Feb 1943 Davenport IA _Daily Times_ p 18 col 1
      "Although the game had its usual rough and tumble aspects, the officials were surprisingly libera, evidently believing 'no blood, no foul.'"

I have "surprisingly libera" in the quote above; it should be "surprisingly liberal".  Thanks to Mark Mandel for pointing this out off-list.