[Ads-l] Euphemism?

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Oct 13 13:02:23 UTC 2019

Good question, but there's no telling.

"Smartypants" is older in print. But so what?

Not in OED is a 1937 appearance of "smartarse" (n.) that I noted from
Wilkes's _Dictionary of Australian Colloquialisms_.

Unfortunately I didn't copy the quote itself.

JL

JL

JL