[Ads-l] Antedating of "Fakelore"

Bill Mullins amcombill at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 15 02:01:36 UTC 2019

1944 _Charlotte [NC] Observer_ 3 Sep sec 2 p 12 col 7 (Genealogybank.com)
"The only possible way to resolve these bits of apparent wildlife FAKELORE into acceptable FACTLORE is to break down the introduced evidence into it component allegations and scrutinize each by itself."

1944 _Charlotte [NC] Observer_ 24 Sep sec 4 p 4 col 6 (Genealogybank.com)
"To other readers of this page who may be interested in arriving at their own explanation of the incident referred to in Outdoorsman Felley's letter to Mr. Keziah and who wish to keep the records of our wildlife clear of confusion and free of fakelore, we respectfully call attention to the lines and pages hereinbefore mentioned of the 'Poisonous Snakes of the Eastern United States.'"