[Ads-l] _do one of these numbers_ "a phrase that precedes the miming of an action"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 9 06:19:11 UTC 2019

I mentioned the existence of this feature of BE some pre-Google years ago.
As is the case with a plethora of words and phrases peculiar to BE, I could
provide no documentation of this turn of phrase. But, given enough time,
documentation of almost anything can be found in Google.

Fast Sam, Cool Clyde, and Stuff
https://books.google.com › books
Walter Dean Myers - 1988 - ‎Juvenile Fiction - Unpaginated
Binky'll _do one of these numbers_, man. Bipp! Bipp! Bop-a rop-DOP! And the
cat'll be knocked out, that's what's going to happen.” Sam was hopping
around and throwing punches at an imaginary person.

"We could do one of these numbers." He got up and started dancing.

Final Things: A Novel of Suspense
https://books.google.com › books
Virgil Thompson - 2002 - ‎Fiction  - Page 263
"You'd _do one of these numbers_.” He shows me, darts his eyes. “People
can't help it, what they do when they lie."

Forget the headlines: Here are 5 fundamental facts about ...
forget-the-headlines-here-are-5-fundamen...
Nov 14, 2013 - I _did one of these numbers_, like Michelle from Destiny's
Child: photo destinys-child-michelle-lol-o_zps3a9619be.gif.

Hanzo's damage just made me laugh - General Discussion - Overwatch ...
Aug 14, 2018 - 8 posts - ‎4 authors
I watched what happened as Hanzo headshot me, _did one of these numbers_
 :face_with_raised_eyebrow: [sic] and went to his hero page on the
Overwatch wiki.

Wild video shows turkey crashing into truck windshield on I-75 ...
Feb 28, 2019 - "It was attempting to land, I thought, and then it just _did
one of these numbers_. Whoop. Boom!" Gerken said.

Ancella Bickley Collection Highlights African ... - WVU Libraries
ancella-bickley-collection-highlig...
May 14, 2019 - And all of a sudden, she thought about who I was, and she
_did one of these numbers_ [dropped her arms and jumped back over from her].
--
-Wilson
-----