[Ads-l] Obsolete term: "gas pedal" in an electric car =?UTF-8?Q?=E2=80=93_?=alternatives "potentiometer" or "accelerator"

Mark Mandel markamandel at GMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 27 03:57:38 UTC 2019

Re dial: Very good point. Few people are familiar with "dial" as referring
to anything but
A graduated, circular scale over which a needle moves to show a measurement
(such as speed).
Wiktionary <https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/dial#Noun>
It's just about the standard verb, but I don't think it's much used as a
noun, for the *keypad* of a contemporary phone.

Mark Mandel