[Ads-l] Obsolete term: "gas pedal" in an electric car =?UTF-8?Q?=E2=80=93_?=alternatives "potentiometer" or "accelerator"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 27 21:01:07 UTC 2019

> Well, we still call the panel in front of the driver a "dashboard", even
> though it no longer is

True. "Instrument panel" was tried, but didn't catch on.
And what's wrong with continuing to call the accelerator the "accelerator"?

On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 5:44 PM Mark Mandel <markamandel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, we still call the panel in front of the driver a "dashboard", even
> though it no longer is
>
>  A panel at the front of a horse-drawn vehicle that projects up to protect
> the riders from mud, water, or snow kicked up by the horse or horses.
>
> *https://www.ahdictionary.com/word/search.html?q=dashboard
> <https://www.ahdictionary.com/word/search.html?q=dashboard>*
>
> MAM
>

> On Thu, Sep 26, 2019, 4:59 PM ADSGarson O'Toole <adsgarsonotoole at gmail.com
> >
> wrote:
>
> > A participant in a YouTube video discussion about the engineering of
> > electric cars started to say the phrase "when I step on the gas
> > pedal", but he stopped before saying "gas pedal". After a delay he
> > suggested "potentiometer" (I think), and another participant suggested
> > "accelerator".
> >
> > Website: YouTube
> > Title: Sandy Munro: Model 3 manufacturing, Model Y wiring, and EV
> > competition
> > Date: Aug 19, 2019
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i93VJ1PEp6o
> >
> > Garson