[Ads-l] Obsolete term: "gas pedal" in an electric car =?UTF-8?Q?=E2=80=93_?=alternatives "potentiometer" or "accelerator"

Andy Bach afbach at GMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 30 17:46:08 UTC 2019

> Answer your telephone! It's ringing off the hook!

And now "off the hook" and, the seemingly related "off the chain" mean "out
of this world" - "The food at that place is off the chain!"

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 1:33 AM Wilson Gray <hwgray at gmail.com> wrote:

> Answer your telephone! It's ringing off the hook!
>
> On Fri, Sep 27, 2019 at 6:42 PM W Brewer <brewerwa at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I miss the days when we could yell to a neighbor, "Hang up yer 'phone,
> it's
> > off the hook!", although we can still say "The s.o.b. hung up on me!",
> > anachronymically speaking.

> --
> -Wilson
> -----