[Ads-l] Request help with "The Fortnightly" and quotation "If fifty million people say a foolish thing it is still a foolish thing"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Dec 17 05:02:01 UTC 2020

> "Fifty Million Frenchmen Can't Be Wrong"

In the '40's, this was a *very* common catch-phrase, especially on radio
and in movie comedies. Unfortunately, I was too young, at the time, to
understand what made the use of this phrase "very fun-ye," as Bert Gordon,
"The Mad Russian," mused to say. The song is sufficiently older than I am
and of such little lasting popularity that I didn't know that there was a
song with that title till now.

- Wilson
-----
-Mark Twain