[Ads-l] WOTY vote

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Fri Dec 18 19:36:23 UTC 2020

James, the WOTY voting was held last night. Here's the news (as shared in
an earlier post):

https://www.americandialect.org/2020-word-of-the-year-is-covid

"Social distancing" won in a special "pandemic-related" category we created
for this year, and it came in fourth in the voting for the main WOTY
category, behind "Covid" (the winner), "2020," and "doomscrolling."