[Ads-l] =?UTF-8?Q?=E2=80=9Cdown_to_the_brass=E2=80=9D=3B_?=Billy Birch, Burch; tacks

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Thu Dec 31 16:50:24 UTC 2020

I remember the earlier conversation about "brass" and its maritime context.
It makes me wonder if a reference to "brass tacks" is a way of talking
about spending more than necessary for a government project, with the
presumption that a politician or his cronies get the benefit.
DanG